This is a template to get you started on how to get your vocals as close to this artist as possible using all the same effects the artist does!! If you do not have all of these plug-ins and you would like different plug-ins used you can request a custom template to be made for you! (additional fees will apply) If you do not own these plug-ins they will show up inactive when you open the file, you must own the plug-ins for them to work! Also this template is for Pro Tools 10 and up only, so if you don’t own pro tools 10 and up and own a earlier or different version of Pro Tools unfortunately this may not work for you!! If you do not own Pro Tools at all this absolutely will not work for you!
MAKE SURE TO READ THIS AS IT EXPLAINS EXTRA THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW WHEN IT COMES TO TEMPLATES
BEFORE STARTING YOU MAY NEED TO CHANGE YOUR OUTPUTS TO FIT YOUR SETUP!! I/O THAN TWO DOWN UNDER NO INPUT
CLICK THAT AND SET IT UP FOR YOUR SETUP (YOU MAY HAVE TO GO INTO SETTINGS TO CHANGE THINGS I CANNOT HELP WITH THIS)
- Beat - Here all you need to do is drag and drop your stereo beat into its correct place.
If your beat is mono - Right click the word beat and second to the bottom there will be
(Above Delete - If you DELETE anything it will be gone and need to reopen the session without saving)
lick split into Mono and delete ONE of the layers.
You May need to adjust the volume to fit your specific beat.
- 2. Main Vocals - Simply drag and drop your exported MP3 or WAV vocals onto this layer. Yes it is supposed to be mono
all vocals should be mono unless changed by a plug-in. If you recorded in stereo its ok,
your stereo vocals will be split into two as you drag and drop, just delete the layer
underneath the one on the Main Vocal layer!
- Do step 2 for every vocal layer. If you do not have that many vocal layers (Example: You only have a Main Vocal no doubles/harmonies)
No problem! Just ignore those layers or delete them! I have them there just incase you need them! If you have MORE layers, also not a problem.
Just right click and duplicate one of the layers. If it is not giving you the desired effect, try using the spread10 (on Doubles)
Or the Doubler2 (on Vocal Tripples). If neither of those are still getting you the desired effect. You may need to request a
Custom Template or Hire me to do the entire mix for you! (I don't use templates so it will be 100% custom for you - Template not included)
- When it comes to the plug-ins - Every voice and every song is different in its own way. These templates are good starting points. NOT a guarantee it will fit perfectly
for your specific voice and song. You may have to adjust settings accordingly. If you are still stuck after adjusting, again feel free to reach out and hire me to
mix and master your song for you!
- MAKE SURE TO INPUT THE CORRECT BPM - I cannot stress this enough, this will be the core for your Reverb & Delay, once you have the BPM just double click the red half diamond that has a 120 next to it and type in your BPM and than click OK.
- Reverb & Delay - You may need to adjust these to your personal taste, but where they are currently set is what I see and hear that fits best for the specific artist. If you need to adjust the amount just click where it says Reverb (or Delay) next to the specific vocal layer and adjust the volume fader to your desired amount!
- Auto-Tune - If your template does not use auto-tune than skip this step! You need to first find the key of the beat you are using, there are keyfinders you can download off the internet. I personally use Virtual DJ 8. Set the Key & the Scale to what the keyfinder says the beat is. Next the amount of auto-tune. I have it set< to the amount I believe fits most with this artist. If it is too much for you, change the humanize up to a bigger number (Less humanize the more robotic or T-Pain effect). If still not quite right change the Tracking & Retune Speed to the desired amount. Tracking tells the plug-in what you want to be tuned (More Relaxed the more it will grab). Retune Speed tells the plug-in how quickly (drastically) you want it to change the vocals (Faster the more auto-tune sound). Leave everything else unless you know what you're doing.
- Aux's - They are already all setup for you, if for any reason you need more. Right click and duplicate one of them than change the input (where it says Reverb or Delay) and set it up to another send path than click under the Delay on the desired vocal layer and hover over Bus, than click the stereo path you just made. Example Bus 1-2 (yours may not be named unless you name them in the settings)
- The Master - Do not touch the VBC Rack unless you know what you're doing. VTM if you are getting too much bass, Open the VTM and click the red settings button, at the bottom left there will be a Bass Alignment take the slider all the way to the left to -6, if you are still getting too much bass click bypass at the top and leave it off (or take it off all together). The FG-X, leave the Compressor part alone unless you know what you're doing, only thing that may need to be change is the amount of Gain, if its too quiet and the RMS is far below -10 and is not distoring, feel free to change this until the desired volume that is not distorting.
- YOU'RE DONE CONGRATULATIONS!! Thank you so much for purchasing this template I hope everything was explained as best as possible!! Make sure to tell your friends, and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! YouTube.com/Newova If you would like a template to use a specific set of plug-ins feel free to request one over the website and I will get it to you as quickly as possible! Also if at this point you are still stumped on getting the desired sound or just want to outsource in general so you can focus on making great music, feel free to email me, or go to the hire me tab on the website!
Thank you so much! NewovaOfficial@gmail.com
Social Media - @UnOfficialTonyP For all of them!